Olympic National Park, Washington
Department of Biomedical Informatics
Address: 622 West 168 Street, VC, Room 531
New York, NY 10032
Email: sz2338 AT cumc.columbia.edu
I am a third-year Ph.D. student in the
Department of Biomedical Informatics of
Columbia University. My advisor is Prof.
I received my B.E. degree in computer science from Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
I was a member of the ACM Honored Class. In my undergraduate years I have been fortunate to work with Prof. Hai Zhao on natural language processing.
Here you can find my curriculum vitae: [updated in: Sep 2013]
- Shaodian Zhang, Erin Bantum, Jason Owen, and Noémie Elhadad, Does Sustained Participation in an Online Health Community Affect Sentiment?, to appear, AMIA 2014.
- Noémie Elhadad, Shaodian Zhang, Patricia Driscoll, and Samuel Brody, Characterizing the Sublanguage of Online Breast Cancer Forums for Medications, Symptoms, and Emotions., to appear, AMIA 2014.
- Shaodian Zhang and Noémie Elhadad, Unsupervised Biomedical Named Entity Recognition: Experiments with Clinical and Biological Texts, Journal of Biomedical Informatics.[link]
- Xiaohua Liu, Shaodian Zhang, Furu Wei, and Ming Zhou, Recognizing Named Entities in Tweets, in Proceedings of ACL 2011.
- Shaodian Zhang, Hai Zhao, Guodong Zhou, and Bao-liang Lu, Hedge Detection and Scope Finding by Sequence Labeling with Normalized Feature Selection, in Proceedings of CoNLL 2010.
- CubNER: an unsupervised biomedical named entity recognizer.
- May 2012 - Aug 2012 Intern, Natural Language Processing Group, Microsoft Research, Redmond
- Oct 2010 - Jan 2011 Intern, Natural Language Computing Group, Microsoft Research Asia, Beijing
I play soccer and table tennis.
travel and photograph.
political philosophy and history.
I enjoy classical music.