Department of Biomedical Informatics
Address: 622 West 168 Street, PH-20
New York, NY 10032
Email: sz2338 AT columbia.edu
I have moved. This page is no longer updated. Please refer to my new homepage at: profile.synyi.com/shaodian
I was a Ph.D. student in the
Department of Biomedical Informatics of
Columbia University. My advisor was Prof.
I received my B.E. degree in computer science from Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
I was a member of the ACM Honored Class. In my undergraduate years I have been fortunate to work with Prof. Hai Zhao on natural language processing.
- Shaodian Zhang, and Noemie Elhadad, Factors Contributing to Dropping-out in an Online Health Community: Static and Longitudinal Analyses, AMIA 2016. Best student paper finalist. to appear
- Shaodian Zhang, Erin O'Carroll Bantum, Jason Owen, Suzanne Bakken, and Noemie Elhadad Online cancer communities as informatics intervention for social support: Conceptualization, Characterization, and Impact, to appear, Journal of American Medical Informatics Association (JAMIA). [html]
- Shaodian Zhang, Tian Kang, Xingting Zhang, Dong Wen, Noemie Elhadad, and Jianbo Lei, Speculation Detection for Chinese Clinical Notes: Impacts of Word Segmentation and Embedding Models, Journal of Biomedical Informatics (JBI).[html]
- Shaodian Zhang, Edouard Grave, Elizabeth Sklar, and Noemie Elhadad, Longitudinal Analysis of Discussion Topics in an Online Breast Cancer Community using Convolutional Neural Networks, ArXiv preprint.[html]
- Shaodian Zhang, Erin Bantum, Jason Owen, and Noemie Elhadad, Does Sustained Participation in an Online Health Community Affect Sentiment?, AMIA 2014. Best student paper finalist. [pdf]
- Noemie Elhadad, Shaodian Zhang, Patricia Driscoll, and Samuel Brody, Characterizing the Sublanguage of Online Breast Cancer Forums for Medications, Symptoms, and Emotions., AMIA 2014.[pdf]
- Shaodian Zhang and Noemie Elhadad, Unsupervised Biomedical Named Entity Recognition: Experiments with Clinical and Biological Texts, Journal of Biomedical Informatics (JBI).[html]
- Xiaohua Liu, Shaodian Zhang, Furu Wei, and Ming Zhou, Recognizing Named Entities in Tweets, in Proceedings of ACL 2011.
- Shaodian Zhang, Hai Zhao, Guodong Zhou, and Bao-liang Lu, Hedge Detection and Scope Finding by Sequence Labeling with Normalized Feature Selection, in Proceedings of CoNLL 2010.
- CubNER: an unsupervised biomedical named entity recognizer.
- May 2012 - Aug 2012 Intern, Natural Language Processing Group, Microsoft Research, Redmond
- Oct 2010 - Jan 2011 Intern, Natural Language Computing Group, Microsoft Research Asia, Beijing
I play soccer and table tennis.
travel and photograph.
political philosophy and history.
I enjoy classical music.